Sunday, September 28, 2014

Houston as a Shadowrun Campaign Setting

Houston is the forth largest city in the United States and growing.  It always bewildered me that information on this city in the Shadowrun universe was paltry at best.  Being the largest city in the southern United States and the largest in Texas one would think that it would have been a city written about extensively in the Shadowrun universe, or at least garnered a paragraph in any campaign book written about the CAS or UCAS for that matter.  Houston has three airports, 92 countries have consulates there, it has the tenth largest port in the world, 63 of the worlds largest corporations have representation there,  it boast the largest medical center ever, and it has one of the largest oil and gas presences in the world.  I think that this is one of the greatest un-tapped settings and I would like that to change. 

This blog is a reference point for my home-brewed Shadowrun campaign.  If you are reading this, you are most likely a participant in it.  If not, you might be an avid Shadowrunner looking for information about Houston in the Shadowrun universe and like me found very little.  I am a resident of Houston and I would like nothing more for Catalyst Games to grace me with a "fluff" book on my city.  In the meantime, I am going to write as much "fluff" as I can so that my gaming group has a reference point for our chosen city....Houston Texas, Jewel of the New South.

**DISCLAIMER**

The Topps Company, Inc. has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. The Topps Company, Inc. has granted permission to Shadowrun Houston to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with Shadowrun Houston in any official capacity whatsoever.



1 comment:

  1. Oi Chummer,

    Just thought I would ask your permission before incorporating some of your stuff in to a Shadowrun 5th edition game I am running.

    ReplyDelete